[lxc-users] Using lxc.namespace.net in unprivileged containers

Eytan Heidingsfeld eytanh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 23:52:09 UTC 2018

Hi,
I'm trying to use the new lxc.namespace.net config in an unprivileged
container (using idmapping)
The container fails to start, running the log at trace I see:

lxc_network - network.c:lxc_setup_network_in_child_namespaces:3031 -
network has been setup
lxc_network - network.c:lxc_network_send_name_and_ifindex_to_parent:3112 -
Sent network device names and ifindeces to parent

But then right after that:

ERROR    lxc_utils - utils.c:safe_mount:1659 - Operation not permitted -
Failed to mount sysfs onto /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lxc/sys

Is there something I need to do to get this to work?

Thanks,
Eytan