[lxc-users] LXD: modify IP of snapshot before starting

Steven Spencer sspencerwire at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:34:14 UTC 2018

All,

My Google search turned up empty, so I'm turning to the list to see if this
is possible:

* In LXD I make a copy of a container, but want to create a new container
from it
* The container has a static assigned IP address, so if I bring up the new
container with the other one running, I'm going to end up with an IP
conflict
* What I'd like to be able to do is to change the IP of the snapshot before
creating a container out of it.

Is that possible, or am I missing another method.  I've already done this
step before, which works, but isn't the best if you want to keep systems up.

* Stop the original container
* create the new container with the snapshot
* modify the IP of the new container
* start the original container

If it isn't possible, I'll continue on as I've been doing.

Thanks,
Steven G. Spencer