[lxc-users] How can a non-root user assign unique UID/GID range for LXC unprivileged containers ??

Xavier Gendre gendre.reivax at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 12:48:00 UTC 2018

Hi,

Le 21/08/2018 à 13:39, Dirk Geschke a écrit :
> can you check the directory permissions for
>
>     /home/oxpd/.local/share/lxc/uidranges

As Dirk said, your problem could be related to permissions of the rootfs
itself and not to subordinate ids.

Le 21/08/2018 à 12:07, Yasoda Padala a écrit :
 > in 1st container (cont1) config,
 >   lxc.id_map = u 0 100000 1000
 > lxc.id_map = g 0 100000 1000
 >   &
 > and in 2nd container (cont2) config:
 > lxc.id_map = u 0 101500 1000
 > lxc.id_map = g 0 101500 1000
 >
 >   get the same error

On my side, these configurations work fine together and the two
containers (created by a non-root user with template "download" and
distribution debian stretch amd64 for my tests) start without a trouble.
The rootfs of the containers c1 and c2 belongs to subuid 100000 and
101500, respectively, just as you want.

Xavier