[lxc-users] LXC container and Systemd

Goran sendmailtogoran at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 13:11:02 UTC 2018

I did as you told. What I can say is that the user/group directive are
the problem.

With this config it works:

[Unit]
Description=Grafana service
After=network.target

[Service]
# User=grafana
# Group=grafana
# WorkingDirectory=/usr/share/grafana
# ExecStart=/usr/bin/grafana-server -config=/etc/grafana.ini
ExecStart=/usr/bin/runuser -s /bin/bash -g grafana -l grafana -c
'grafana-server -config=/etc/grafana.ini -homepath /usr/share/grafana'
LimitNOFILE=10000
TimeoutStopSec=20
SuccessExitStatus=0 2

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

What I don't understand is why the user/group directive are not
accepted and quitted with error

Aug 09 13:06:10 monitor systemd[25843]: grafana.service: Failed to
determine user credentials: No such process
Aug 09 13:06:10 monitor systemd[25843]: grafana.service: Failed at
step USER spawning /usr/bin/runuser: No such process

User and group are available:

# id grafana
uid=207(grafana) gid=207(grafana) groups=207(grafana)