[lxc-users] LXC container and Systemd

Goran sendmailtogoran at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 16:13:59 UTC 2018

I'm starting Grafana on top of Arch Linux without problem. But when I
install Grafana into an Arch Linux LXC container on top of Arch Linux
OS I can't start it.

The error is:

systemd[24509]: grafana.service: Failed to determine user credentials:
No such process
systemd[24509]: grafana.service: Failed at step USER spawning
/usr/bin/grafana-server: No such process

It looks like a systemd error but it's working on top of a real OS.

Here is my grafana.service file: https://pastebin.com/T8XU98XT

I can start Grafana without any problems with

runuser -s /bin/bash -g grafana -l grafana -c 'grafana-server
-config=/etc/grafana.ini -homepath /usr/share/grafana'

It looks like LXC is hindering systemd to start the process.

Regards