[lxc-users] [Solved] Re: How to get rid of pesky extra dhcp IP

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Sun Apr 22 00:34:31 UTC 2018

On 22/4/18 3:21 am, David Favor wrote:
> Removing Netplan will work temporarily, until all the old networking
> plumbing is completely removed. Better to start moving to Netplan
> now, before some future update removes old processing of your
> /etc/network/interfaces files + all your networking simply stops
> working.

FWIW I completely remove python, therefor netplan, in my lightweight
containers and I find systemd-networkd works just fine as a replacement
of the old ifupdown package. I can't see it ever being removed so I'd
say it's a safe lightweight long-term substitute for netplan.

~ cat /etc/systemd/network/20-dhcp.network
[Match]
Name=e*

[Network]
DHCP=ipv4