[lxc-users] LXC containers networking

David Favor david at davidfavor.com
Mon Apr 9 13:15:34 UTC 2018

Bhangui, Avadhut Upendra wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I’m pretty new to using LXC containers.
>

> I have a requirement that the solution running inside the container
> should be able to communicate to services in public cloud and also with
> some services on the host machine.
>

>    1. How do I setup the networking of this container?
>    2. When it will try to communicate to the service on the host
>       machine, will request be routed to machine over the physical network?

Good bit of information about this found here...

    https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues

Good starting points...

    https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/2534

    https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/3977

Keep in mind LXD 3.0 will likely change some of this information.

Another problem area - the current move of many Distros from
old network config files to Netplan config files. This change
breaks all tools used to auto generate /etc/network/interfaces
type files, so keep this in mind if you have an automated
process for mass container creation.