[lxc-users] LXC containers networking

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Apr 5 17:41:27 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-06 02:33, Bhangui, Avadhut Upendra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm pretty new to using LXC containers.
>
> I have a requirement that the solution running inside the container
> should be able to communicate to services in public cloud and also
> with some services on the host machine.
>
>  	* How do I setup the networking of this container?
> 	* When it will try to communicate to the service on the host machine,
> will request be routed to machine over the physical network?

I'd say best to attach two NICs to the container, with two network
bridges:

- one with a public IP (assuming the container needs a public IP)

- one to a NIC with internal network only

If the container doesn't need a public IP, then one NIC attached to the
internal network should be enough.

Tomasz Chmielewski
https://lxadm.com