[lxc-users] Marking running containers as emphermial

Marat Khalili mkh at rqc.ru
Tue Sep 12 06:59:27 UTC 2017

> I have tried to use the lxc.hook.post-stop.  The script checked to see
> if a file was on the root file system and then called lxc-destroy but
> the process just hung.  Is there a way for a container config to be
> updated when it is running or is there another to go about this.
lxc-ls with various arguments can show you container states or only list
containers in certain states. Alternatively lxc-wait can wait for
container to stop, but I'd add couple of seconds delay after it returns
because I have had problems with it in the past otherwise. I don't know
why lxc-destroy hangs for you, but I'd avoid calling it from other hooks
to avoid deadlocks, and use cron/at jobs instead.

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili