[lxc-users] Marking running containers as emphermial

Dave Smith dave.smith at candata.com
Mon Sep 11 20:16:44 UTC 2017

I have an application that  I am running as a single process in an lxc
container . The process is serving websocket requests from an upstream
proxy. What I would like to do is when we do an update  , we launch a new
container , update the proxy to point to the updated container and then
tell the old container to destroy itself on shutdown. The actual process in
the old container will be told to shutdown once it has no client
connections thus shutting the container down.

I have tried to use the lxc.hook.post-stop.  The script checked to see if a
file was on the root file system and then called lxc-destroy but the
process just hung.  Is there a way for a container config to be updated
when it is running or is there another to go about this.