[lxc-users] LXC can't access host tty

Adam Verslype verslyap at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 21:37:33 UTC 2017

I have been following some of the guides online that will let lxc run in
the host's tty. These guides all have me taking the same steps:
1. Disable getty on a vt on the host by modifying /etc/systemd/logind.conf
2. Modifying the lxc config of the container by adding
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 4:7 rwm
3. Inside the container created a device entry /dev by running mknod -m 666
tty7 c 4 7

Then when I try to run systemctl start getty at tty7, followed by systemctl
status getty at tty7, I get /dev/tty7: cannot open as standard in put:
Operation not permitted.

Am I missing a step?

Thank you,

Adam Verslype