[lxc-users] Fedora container (on Ubuntu host) does not set fqdn

Kees Bakker keesb at ghs.com
Thu Oct 12 12:41:53 UTC 2017

Hey,

We have LXD on Ubuntu 16.04 and so far we have been using just Ubuntu
containers. We have a profile to give the containers a public IP address.
That all works fine. Most containers get their IP address from the company
DHCP server. The containers also nicely get their FQDN from/through DHCP.

Today I created a container with Fedora/26. It gets an IP address from the
DHCP server, but it does not set the FQDN and it does not set "search"
in /etc/resolv.conf (just the "nameserver" with its correct IP address).

In the Fedora container I don't see dhclient. There is systemd-networkd,
which (I'm guessing) is doing DHCP client stuff).

Can anyone comment on this DHCP client behavior?
--
Kees Bakker