[lxc-users] How to lxc-copy running container?

Marat Khalili mkh at rqc.ru
Wed Oct 11 08:38:45 UTC 2017

Dear all,
good time of the day,

I'm testing package upgrades of an LXC container by making a copy of it
and running upgrade in a copy. However, for some reason lxc-copy (at
least in 2.0.8) refuses to copy running container. Is there some
workaround for it other than replacing lxc-copy with manual operations?
Does it make sense to ask developers for some --force switch?

(I understand that in some cases copying running container can damage
the copy (but never the original), but when the only mutable data in
root filesystem is logs it should be perfectly OK, stopping services and
disconnecting clients is unjustified.)

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili