[lxc-users] TTY issue

Marat Khalili mkh at rqc.ru
Tue Nov 21 12:46:58 UTC 2017

On 21/11/17 15:07, Saint Michael wrote:
> Thanks for the solution. It works indeed.
> Just out of curiosity, how did you find this out? I googled it far and
> wide and there was nothing available.

The autodev part, I needed it in order to make qemu networking work in a
container via /dev/net/tun device which is missing by default. I did not
invent it, found somewhere in Google, probably here:
https://serverfault.com/questions/429461/no-tun-device-in-lxc-guest-for-openvpn
. It just executes specified command(s) during /dev population, nothing
magical; you can execute same command in the container later if you can
afford to defer your mounts or whatever uses the created device.

/dev/fuse is more interesting, I was trying to make snapd work in an LXC
container, still not very successful in that. You can read more about
this effort in the discussion on the bottom of
https://bugs.launchpad.net/snappy/+bug/1628289

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili