[lxc-users] TTY issue

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Thu Nov 16 02:42:29 UTC 2017

Greetings, Saint Michael!

> My host is Ubuntu LTS

Which "LTS"?…

> and my container is Centos 7.

And what you are using for containers?
LXC? LXD? Which version?

> Every time the server boots, the container takes over the tty0 of the
> server, Ubuntu, and freezes the interface.
> The only way to log to the server itsef is to press ALT+F2 and use the second tty.
> I tried to remove tty0 on the guest, and also this (on the guest)
> systemctl stop getty at tty1.service; systemctl mask getty at tty1.service
> but the issue continues. Any idea how can I block any container from
> hijacking te host's tty?

Your report lacking a lot of critical information. And it doesn't look like
you did a google on your problem either. I was able to easily find a number of
references to similar issues, and they all contain suggested solutions,
unfortunately, without a call back from the original poster(s) about
success/failure of applying them.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin