[lxc-users] Forwarding DNS requests to the host /etc/hosts file

Adil Baig simplyadilb at gmail.com
Wed May 31 10:46:51 UTC 2017

I have several containers running on host machines. The host machine is
part of a LAN network. Each host has an update /etc/hosts file with domain
names to other LAN entities.

My problem is I cannot use the hostnames defined on the host inside the
container (without actually copying the /etc/hosts file in). I'd rather not
copy the file as I sync /etc/hosts file using Ansible, and the Ansible
inventory cannot manage LXD containers dynamically.

How is it possible to set up the containers so they look up entries in the
host machines' /etc/hosts file?