[lxc-users] Args for lxd init via script

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Sun May 21 05:26:24 UTC 2017

On 5/19/17 5:06 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
>> I'm trying to automate a simple setup of LXD via a bash script and
>> I'm not sure of the best way to provide some preset arguments to "lxd
>> init", if at all possible. Specifically...
>
> Did you try "lxd --help"?

Sigh, not for the last year or two, thanks Fajar.

Now for an almost related question. I've got a mostly working setup script
for my needs but I am wondering if there is a better way to achieve the
same results...

https://github.com/netserva/sh/blob/master/bin/setup-lxd

I want to provide a definitive amount of disk space per container, visible
within the container, and the only way I can find to do that is to use a
zfs pool per container and the best way to define that pool is to provide
a container specific profile per container.

My question, is it reasonable to provide a separate profile and zfs pool
per container and is there a better or more efficient way to get the same
end result?