[lxc-users] Bind public IP that is available on host's ens3:1 to a specific LXD container?

Ingo Baab ib at baab.de
Sat May 20 07:46:53 UTC 2017

Hello Thomas,

I use a nginx-reverse-proxy for accessing the container(s) webspace(s).

If I need to access something (a specific port) of a container from the
outside world, I use iptables to reach it, in your case i.e. to access your
containers ssh-server (on outside-port 22022) you can use:

interface=ens3
ipt_src_port=22022
ipt_src_port=1.2.3.107
ipt_dst_ip_addr=$your_container_ip
ipt_dst_port=22

sudo iptables -i {$interface} -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport
{$ipt_src_port} -j DNAT --to {$ipt_dst_ip_addr}:{$ipt_dst_port}

Hope that helps anybody too..

PS: I use LXD/LXC to highly separate wordpress-installations from each
other.
If anybody on the list is also doing nginx-webhosting within containers,
I am
highly interested on others experiences and contacts, - I am highly
satisfied
how far LXD/LXC has developed so far. If you are working in the same 'field'
you can contact me for exchange.

Greetings from Germany,
Ingo Baab https://baab.de