[lxc-users] lxc 2.0.7: sysvinit on the host breaks systemd based containers

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Tue May 16 11:09:48 UTC 2017

On 05/04/17 21:00, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:

> Sounds like just systemd refusing to boot because all cgroups are comounted?
> Are you sure that reverting to 1.1.5 fixes it, and it's not a newer systemd
> breaking it?

I did serveral tests with LXC 2.0.8 on the host and systemd on the
client: Both systemd 215-17+deb8u7 (Debian 8) and systemd 230-7~bpo8+2
(Debian 8 backport) show this problem. cgroupfs-mount 1.3 is installed.

If I ditch LXC 2.x and cgroupfs-mount and use LXC 1.1.5 and /cgroup
instead, then the same systemd-based container boots without problems.

If I install cgroupfs-mount again, then the systemd-based container
still works.

If I remove /cgroup from /etc/fstab (still using cgroupfs-mount), then
the systemd-based container still works.

Of course the host was rebooted between each of these steps. Obviously
the old lxc 1.1.5 is more stable here.

Regards
Harri