[lxc-users] Am I misusing LXCs?

Serge E. Hallyn serge at hallyn.com
Fri Mar 31 00:40:27 UTC 2017

Personally I run each service/application in a separate container, in a
separate uid range, in a full distrubution (various Ubuntu flavors).  All
automatically updated, as otherwise I'd certainly get in trouble.  With
iptables routing incoming ports.  So sounds like you're doing basically
the same thing I am.

In the past (years ago) I've just used separate uids, but that was when
disk was smaller, and it left more openings to privileged helpers of
applications taking over the system and other applications.

Quoting Scott Lopez (scottjl at gmail.com):