[lxc-users] Linuxcontainers security?

Marat Khalili mkh at rqc.ru
Sun Mar 19 16:57:53 UTC 2017

Consider LXC as chroot on steroids, not VM. Therefore it is as secure as Linux kernel, for which exploits do surface from time to time. At least, it is a well understood area, and your can spend any amount of time you want on hardening your kernel and host system. For private web hosting I'd say default distribution level of protection is sufficient, for public one you'd better spend some time hardening, or even have staff members dedicated to it. Not to mean LXC-specific vulnerabilities are impossible, but general Linux kernel exploits are much more likely venue of attack IMHO.
--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili