[lxc-users] Experience with large number of LXC/LXD containers

Benoit GEORGELIN - Association Web4all benoit.georgelin at web4all.fr
Sun Mar 12 21:28:45 UTC 2017

Hi lxc-users ,

I would like to know if you have any experience with a large number of LXC/LXD containers ?
In term of performance, stability and limitation .

I'm wondering for exemple, if having 100 containers behave the same of having 1.000 or 10.000 with the same configuration to avoid to talk about container usage.

I have been looking around for a couple of days to found any user/admin feedback experience but i'm not able to find large deployments

Is there any ressources limits or any maximum number that can be deployed on the same node ?
Beside physical performance of the node, is there any specific behavior that a large number of LXC/LXD containers can experience ? I'm not aware of any test or limits that can occurs beside number of process. But I'm sure from LXC/LXD side it might have some technical contraints ?
Maybe on namespace availability , or any other technical layer used by LXC/LXD

I will be interested to here from your experience or if you have any links/books/story about this large deployments

Thanks

Cordialement,

BenoƮt G