[lxc-users] Need help with static IP address -- Simplest use case.

Michael Johnson johnson at cognitech-ut.com
Sat Jun 10 01:40:53 UTC 2017

Hi Rick,

Thank you for responding. Yes, I'm hoping to use the whole LXD setup.
I'm under the impression that LXC as a standalone setup is becoming
obsolete.

I'm able to configure a bridge on the host, and the host uses the bridge
just fine. How do I get the container to use the bridge? The container
seems to ignore all interfaces not created by 'lxc network create'. I'm
guessing because iptables gets populated by that command.

Possibly the iptables instance in the container needs some entries as
well but hoping someone can confirm or deny that.

-Mike