[lxc-users] Kubernetes support for LXD as CRI container runtime?

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Sat Jun 10 01:29:16 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 03:37:10PM -0700, Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
> If an LXD team member would be so kind, it would be great to see a blog
> post describing a roadmap for any plans to support LXD as a Kubernetes
> container runtime via the CRI [1] [2].
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

We have a Github issue open for this here[1].

This isn't on our roadmap and is unlikely to be something that LXD
upstream would ever write ourselves. If someone in the community wants
to contribute such a runtime driver for Kubernetes, we'd certainly be
happy to see that happen and will help with any question regarding the
LXD API or any needed work on the LXD side of things.

[1] https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/670

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer