[lxc-users] LXD - upgrade from 2.08 to 2.12 enables BTRFS quota

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 12:36:28 UTC 2017

Greetings all.

I recently upgraded a number of LXD 2.08 servers to 2.12 and noticed the btrfs “quota” option was enabled where it was disabled before.  Enabling quotas on a filesystem with lots of snapshots can cause huge performance issues (as indicated by our 20min outage this morning when I tried to clear out some old snapshots).

Can one of the developers confirm if the upgrade enables quota?  If so, I will file a bug to ensure the user gets notified/alerted quotas will be enabled (so it can be disabled if necessary).

-Ron