[lxc-users] Network problem - arp not updated

fccagou fccagou at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 14:29:19 UTC 2017

Hi everybody.
I would like to use lxc to serve HA for Web service. I've done a POC with an ubuntu 16.04.
2 containers with ephemeral option running nginx. Each of running container mount different /var/www/html directory to serve different default page. This 2 containers names are site1 and site2. The template is debian/stretch/amd64.
1 container runs  haproxy configured to check site1 and site2 as backend.
Lxc-net is configured to send static ip to the 3 containers.
My failover test is :- access haproxy with http client multitimes :ok- stop container site2 :ok- haproxy access still working :ok- run new site2 container. :ok- test haproxy with http client :KO
  => /o  fails, the site2 get request from haproxy but doesn't reply.
On site2, the arp table doesn't contain haproxy entry. Everything comes ok if I ping haproxy from site2 container. The arp table is ok and site2 replies normaly.
Is this a bug or a known issue ? In lxc or in debian's template ?
Thanks a lot for your answers.

-- François