[lxc-users] Numerous errors running unprivileged container on Arch Linux x86_64

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Jan 11 03:23:46 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 3:54 AM, John <da_audiophile at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I pulled down the archlinux current amd64 image.
>

> The problem is when I start the container, I see numerous errors relating
> to systemd and I am now sure what is missing from my config.  Advice is
> deeply appreciated.
>
> system.slice: Failed to reset devices.list: Operation not permitted
> system.slice: Failed to set invocation ID on control group /system.slice,
> ignoring: Operation not permitted
> [  OK  ] Created slice System Slice.
>

> [  OK  ] Reached target Multi-User System.
>
> Arch Linux 4.9.2-2-custom (console)
>
> nw login:

Short version: if you can get login prompt, and the system works as
expected (e.g. services are running, you get ip address, etc), then it's
safe to ignore the errors. Mostly they're just warnings due to running
unprivileged.

Some distro versions (e.g. debian jessie) requires systemd update (e.g.
from debian stretch packages) to work properly as unpriv container, but
from what you pasted, archlinux should be fine.

--
Fajar