[lxc-users] [integration] of linux containers (lxc or lxd) with ns-3

Gelli Ravikumar gelli.ravikumar018 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 19:19:14 UTC 2017

Dear LXC or lXD users,

I have been working on the development of an integration testbed of Linux
containers (LXC or LXD) and ns-3 network simulator. The ns-3 has an
emulation mode execution set up where the ns-3 net devices can be connected
to LXC via tap-bridge.

In this regard, there was a preliminary tutorial provided at
https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/HOWTO_Use_Linux_
Containers_to_set_up_virtual_networks
<https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/HOWTO_Use_Linux_Containers_to_set_up_virtual_networks)>.
In my research work, I may need to deploy 1k to 10k Linux containers.
Therefore, I have decided to use the LXD that is built on LXC for the high
level and service oriented management.

In my host machine, I have Linux containers created by LXD and a ns-3
simulator. Can you help me or show me how the Linux containers can be
integrated to the ns-3 simulator?

Thanks in advance

--
with Regards
Dr. Gelli Ravikumar

POSOCO Power System Award: PPSA - 2016 (Doctoral category)
Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award - 2013
POSOCO Power System Award: PPSA - 2013 (MTech category)

  <https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=gelli.ravikumar018@gmail.com&idSignature=22>