[lxc-users] snap LXD fails to install with apparmor errors

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 19 03:01:42 UTC 2017

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 09:49:58PM +0000, Adam Stokes wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've gotten a bug report about the snap version of LXD on xenial is failing
> to install:
>
> https://github.com/conjure-up/conjure-up/issues/691#issue-208636129
>
> And askubuntu as well:
>
> https://askubuntu.com/questions/884568/ubuntu-16-04-1-snap-install-conjure-up-error
>
> Is this a known issue and is there anything else I can provide to help
> debug?

That sounds like the LXD snap isn't getting connect to the lxd-support
interface. That's either a bug in snapd itself or in the store as our
snap hasn't changed.

There was a Launchpad report of a similar interface connection error
reported by Sergio a few weeks ago which I think they just considered to
be a snapd fluke.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapd/+bug/1657252

Looks like the source of the problem was having two core snaps installed
(core and ubuntu-core). Given that the latest snapd is supposed to be
transitioning between the two core snaps, I'd guess it's the problem.

Can you redirect those bug reporters to that Launchpad bug, maybe we can
get the snappy guys to take a closer look.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer