[lxc-users] Can unprivileged containers start from a loop device?

John Lewis oflameo2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 20:02:31 UTC 2017

I am trying to build containers on my really powerful desktop and then
export them to VPS provider who would shut off my machine if it takes
too much CPU time.

Moving one an system image file is much faster to move than moving a
root of a system recursively. It is also far less error prone. Having to
maintain premount scripts is inconvenient compared to having LXC do it.
I can't use LXD yet because my whole environment is Debian 8.