[lxc-users] Debian and unprivileged LXC not working...

Dirk Geschke dirk at lug-erding.de
Sun Dec 17 10:46:36 UTC 2017

Hi Serge,

> > no, lxc-2.1.1 shows a similar problem. It hangs, too, but it tries
> > to send a command in one thread and to receive it in another (afair).
> >
> > But what is cgfsng? How can I use find and use this?
>
> If you build without cgmanager, and your system has the cgroups
> individually mounted under /sys/fs/cgroup, then cgfsng will be
> automatically used.

hmm, strange. I have build lxc-2.0.9 this way and tried all
variants. The only way I got it up running was by installing
libpam-cgfs. But this has dependencies to systemd and cgmanager.

Although I still use sysv-init, systemd got installed and starting
the container works. But I have now an cgmanager installed and
runnig, too.

> > I think, this kind of setup is the most secure to deal with LXC,
> > especially if you are not interested in migrating containers
> > between hosts...
>
> The 'not much used any more' isn't referring to unprivileged
> containers, but to use cgmanager, which is deprecated (until
> we decide we need it again :)

But how do I get it up and running without cgmanager? I think,
I need a process to setup the cgroups accordingly...

The pam modules libpam-cgm and libpam-cgfs require cgmanager
to run, too. And is there a way to avoid using systemd?

Best regards

Dirk