[lxc-users] Debian and unprivileged LXC not working...

Dirk Geschke dirk at lug-erding.de
Thu Dec 14 18:47:53 UTC 2017

Hi Serge,

> > just for the record, lxc-2.0.8 is still working this way, but it
> > stops starting with lxc-2.0.9 and the whole lxc-2.1.x branch.
> >
> > I have no idea, what happened to break it nor do I have any clue
> > to fix it. But since I like to use unprivileged containers, it
> > would be nice to get it running again.
>
> You can see whether lxc-2.1.1 fixes it for you, or
> you can run wigh cgfsng instead of cgmanager, as your
> problem is just with the cgm_lock.

no, lxc-2.1.1 shows a similar problem. It hangs, too, but it tries
to send a command in one thread and to receive it in another (afair).

But what is cgfsng? How can I use find and use this?

> > Can I help in any way?
>
> If you were feeling bored and/or industrious, you could
> grab the lxc git tree and git bisect to the commit that
> breaks it :)  I'm 99% sure it'll point to the commit that
> introduces run_command(), but actually it's possible that
> I am actually wrong about that, so confirmation would be
> useful.
>
> Or instead of a bisect, you could just revert ea3a694fe
> in the 2.0.9 tree and see if that fixes it.  Though it
> may not revert cleanly.

Hmm, that looks like it causes a lot of files to be modified,
especially network.c. This seems to be in rewritten in great
parts...

> But, you've been enormously helpful in finding this.  While
> it currently only affects a configuration which isn't much
> used any more, if we're right about the cause then there is
> a more general underlying problem which can strike elsewhere
> too.  So thanks!

I think, this kind of setup is the most secure to deal with LXC,
especially if you are not interested in migrating containers
between hosts...

Best regards

Dirk