[lxc-users] LXC and netfilter log

aeris aeris at imirhil.fr
Fri Aug 4 19:10:55 UTC 2017

Hi here !

I have trouble with LXC and netfilter logging.

Configuring traffic log works like a charm on a baremetal machine and finish in /
var/log/syslog as expected, but logs nothing when inside a LXC container, both
with iptables and nftables

iptables rules
	*filter
	:INPUT DROP [0:0]
	-A INPUT -j LOG --log-prefix INPUT

nftables rules
	table inet filter {
		chain input {
			type filter hook input priority 0
			policy drop
			log prefix "input " counter
		}
	}

On host :
	# sysctl net.netfilter.nf_log | grep -v NONE
	net.netfilter.nf_log.10 = nf_log_ipv6
	net.netfilter.nf_log.2 = nf_log_ipv4
On guest:
	# sysctl net.netfilter.nf_log | grep -v NONE
	net.netfilter.nf_log.10 = nf_log_ipv6
	net.netfilter.nf_log.2 = nf_log_ipv4
	net.netfilter.nf_log.7 = nfnetlink_log

I try to install ulogd2 on my container too, no more luck.

Does somebody here was able to do traffic logging inside a container ?

Regards,
--
Aeris
Individual crypto-terrorist group self-radicalized on the digital Internet

Protect your privacy, encrypt your communications
GPG : EFB74277 ECE4E222
OTR : 5769616D 2D3DAC72
https://café-vie-privée.fr/