[lxc-users] FUSE fails in container under NixOS host

Tzanko Matev tsanko at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 13:15:22 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am trying to get lxd running on my NixOS host system and I need to use
FUSE inside the container. However I get the following error:

fusermount: mount failed: Operation not permitted

I read that there was an issue like this for older host kernels, that don't
support fuse user namespace mounts. My kernel version is 4.9.43 and it
should be relatively new. So I am at a loss about what to do. Where do you
think the problem lies? Is it due to some problem in the host OS, or is it
in lxd?

I will be very grateful for any ideas about what to do.

Cheers,
Tzanko Matev