[lxc-users] lxc rootfs permission 700 vs 755

T.C 吳天健 tcwu2005 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 07:48:03 UTC 2017

I found some service in container's OS failed to start.  The error message
is "execve permission denied".
Finally I chmod 755 to all directories from '/' to rootfs and problem
solved.  For example, my container's rootfs is at /data/maru/con1, then
chmod 755 /data/maru; chmod 755 /data/maru/con1;chmod 755
/data/maru/con1/rootfs.
But why?  Since I am using root container, I expect that lxc and
/data/maru/con1/init have root privilege to do thing but apparently not...