[lxc-users] How do I figure out what is missing when "lxc.aa_allow_incomplete=1"?

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 28 10:21:27 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I have been trying to run LXD on those new Scaleway ARM64 servers,
https://blog.online.net/2017/04/27/scaleway-disruptive-armv8-cloud-servers/

First, ZFS is not on the Ubuntu kernel and has to be compiled manually.
https://github.com/scaleway/kernel-tools/issues/346
It used to be easy before, but now it is a bit more involved. But can
be done in the end through the "make; make install" process.

But then, when I try to create the first container, I get
"lxc.aa_allow_incomplete=1", which means that something is missing
from the AppArmor configuration that LXD really needs.
I then run "lxc-checkconfig" (package: lxc1) and I the output that
shows that all are supported.
There are two things here,
1. either the config at
https://github.com/scaleway/kernel-tools/tree/master/aarch64/4.9.23-std
is not a genuine .config for the running Linux kernel (there is no
/proc/config.gz)
2. or, LXD needs more AppArmor features than those that were required in LXC1.

Simos