[lxc-users] how do you create an image from scratch?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Apr 27 01:29:58 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 8:12 AM, T.C 吳天健 <tcwu2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's the trick of building unprivileged container rootfs by the way ?

I believe the answer is "you don't".
Build the images privileged, then shift the uids when used as unpriv.

> I guess device files permission might matters, any others ?

- build rootfs (e.g. using image, template, convert existing VM, or
whatever method you choose) as root. This includes creating necessary
device nodes.
- (optional) create a tar archive, or publish it as lxd image
- change file u/gids using fuidshift (or similar tools):
http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial-backports/amd64/lxd-tools/filelist
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/man1/fuidshift.1.html

--
Fajar