[lxc-users] Short howto re lxd-container-on-LAN for impatient dummies?

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 23 21:30:52 UTC 2017

On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 6:52 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> TL;dr:
>
> For Ubuntu 16.04 users who have lxd-2.0.9 from xenial-updates,
> what is the fast path towards simple lxd container-on-the-lan happiness?
> (Extra credit: allow ssh between the host and the guest, also part of
> Things Just Working.)

To SSH from the host to the guest, you can run the command

cat ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub | lxc exec mycontainer -- sudo --login --user
ubuntu tee /home/ubuntu/.ssh/authorized_keys

It pastes your SSH public key to the ~ubuntu/.ssh/authorized_keys file
in the container,
making sure the permissions are right.

You would not be able to use 'ssh-copy-id' since the 'ubuntu' account
in the container does not have a password.

Simos