[lxc-users] LXD: cannot configure security.idmap.isolated

Vladislav Molkov vladislav.molkov at yandex.ru
Wed Apr 12 07:14:21 UTC 2017

Hi lxc-users,

I'm trying to configure different idmaps per container using
security.idmap.isolated, but I get the error "Not enough uid/gid
available for the container".

~# cat /etc/subuid
user:100000:65536
lxd:100000:65536
root:100000:65536

~# cat /etc/subgid
user:100000:65536
lxd:100000:65536
root:100000:65536

~# lxc init images:debian/jessie deb04 -c security.idmap.isolated=true
Creating deb04
error: Not enough uid/gid available for the container.

LXD package: 2.12-0ubuntu1~ubuntu16.10.1	amd64

Could someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong? Should I configure
security.idmap.size first or am I missing out something?

Thanks,
Vladislav