[lxc-users] Q: Connecting a container to a static IP alias?

Michael Peek peek at nimbios.org
Wed Sep 28 20:56:11 UTC 2016

On 09/27/2016 12:01 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Just remove alias from host and configure the address inside a VM.

Thanks, that gets me one step closer.  The VM has the right address on
the inside.  But how do I get the *.117 address on the outside?  I tried
creating the container with several variations of:

lxc init images:ubuntu/xenial/amd64 my-ubuntu-1 --config
lxc.network.type=[phys|maclan] --config lxc.network.link=enp0s10:testvm1
--config lxc.network.ipv4=X.X.X.117

Thanks for any help you can give!