[lxc-users] tun device in unprivileged Debian Stretch lxc Container

Paul Dino Jones spacefreak18 at brak.space
Fri Sep 23 00:14:27 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I could have sworn in the past I was able to make an unprivileged
container use openvpn, but yesterday, i started an unprivileged
container and was not able to use openvpn because I did not have a
/dev/net/tun. I was able to get it started in a normal privileged
container after performing a mknod. Which makes sense because an
unprivileged user isn't going to be able to create that tun device.

I'm just wondering if there is something I'm missing since I think it
used to work.

Regards,
Paul