[lxc-users] Setting PATH environment variable, or installing golang in a container

Matt Green mephi at mephi.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 12:33:37 UTC 2016

Sorry, the bit I missed (I keep doing this) is that I'm trying to script it
with commands to be pushed from the host.
All of the Go install instructions require the setting up of environment
variables something like this:
echo 'export GOROOT=$HOME/go' >> .profile
echo 'export PATH=$PATH:$GOROOT/bin' >> .profile
echo 'export GOPATH=$HOME/work' >> .profile

I ended up being able to pass the variables in using the following commands:
lxc exec $name --env
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin/:go/bin
--env GOPATH=/go -- $command

Cheers,

Matt