[lxc-users] LXD network access on wifi-only host witout bridge adapter

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Sep 13 03:33:49 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 4:54 AM, Jeff Kowalczyk <jeff.kowalczyk at gmail.com>
wrote:

> What is the recommended configuration for LXD network access in host
> environments with only wlan0 active?
>
> I'm attempting to use LXD 2.1 on a laptop for development and testing.
> It seems that adding a bridge lxcbr0 to wlan0 is unsupported or at
> best problematic depending on adapter.

it wont't work. Wireless AP will only allow your laptop MAC and deny other
bridged MACs.

> LXD host details:
> - Gentoo Linux ~amd64 OS
> - Intel iwlwifi Wireless-N 1000 NIC
> - connman manages either wlan0 or eth0 active, exclusive.
>   I could set eth0 to a static IP if necessary, at the cost of wired
> DHCP functionality.
> - dnsmasq installed but not running, would need to config DHCP for LXD
> containers only.

For outgoing access, the default NAT (can be configured on lxdbr0) will
work.

For incoming access to the container, port forwarding (with iptables,
haproxy, or whatever software of your choice) is easiest.

--
Fajar