[lxc-users] unpriviledged container failing to get an IP in Ubuntu 16

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Sep 9 09:34:17 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Ivan Ogai <lxc-users at ogai.name> wrote:

> Update: the error mentioned below has disappeared (was it a hardware
> failure?), but the container doesn't get an IP. Doing this in the
> container fixes it:
>
>     dhclient eth0
>
> Is this the expected behaviour? With LXC 1 (Ubuntu 16 has LXC 2), the
> containers were getting an IP.

Some more details would be helpful. For example:
- which template did you use?
- what is the command line used to create the container
- what addtional modifications, if any, that you've done to the container
config

It's possible that one of the template is broken. If you use ubuntu
template, try the download template.

FWIW, I highly suggest you try lxd instead. It should be simpler (in
particular, if you want unpriv containers, which is the default), defaults
to image-based deplyment (which is a HUGE speed improvement if you've been
using "ubuntu" instead of "download" template in lxc), super-fast container
creation (2nd+ container, if you use zfs or btrfs backend) thanks to
clone-instead-of-copy.

--
Fajar