[lxc-users] Wifi in container

Claudio Corsi dio.449 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 15:05:49 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am attempting to get a Linksys AE3000 USB wireless dongle to work within
my container. I am running LXC 2.0 on Ubuntu 16.04 and have an Ubuntu 16.04
guest up and running.

In both the host OS and the container the device is detected and is listed
when running lsusb

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 13b1:003b Linksys AE3000 802.11abgn (3x3) Wireless
Adapter [Ralink RT3573]

On the host OS i am able to display the device details using both iw and
iwconfig, however in the container i get no output from either command.

I have added the device to the container with the following command

lxc config device add wap usb-001-004 unix-char path=/dev/usb/001/004

without any change in container.