[lxc-users] inventory / dashboard tool to manage LXD containers' lifecycle

Nicola Volpini nicola.volpini at kambi.com
Mon Sep 5 09:38:19 UTC 2016

Hello, everyone.

As per subject: is there any existing project able to manage the
lifecycle of LXD containers via some form of frontend/webgui?

I am very pleased by what Foreman can do for VMs: It can assign a random
or predictable hostname, deploy a VM on a host of choice (or in the
cloud), kickstart/preseed it and then keep track of its existence for
all its life. When done with the vm it can be destroyed and removed from
the database.
Ansible tower is providing a very similar feature via system tracking
and even allowing the users to setup their own hosts via self-service
(surveys).

I am not aware of any support to LXD provided by Foreman and Ansible,
and I am honestly surprised since LXD is such a powerful piece of
technology.

Anyone out there who managed to integrate these tools and LXD? I would
be cool to do for LXD what has been done for VMs.

Thanks!
Nicola

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message (and any attachment) is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The information in this email is confidential and may contain information that is legally privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from reading, using, publishing or disseminating such information and upon receipt, must permanently delete the original and destroy any copies. We take steps to protect against viruses and other defects but advise you to carry out your own checks and precautions as Kambi does not accept any liability for any which remain. Thank you for your co-operation.