[lxc-users] LXD containers always start

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 20 03:15:43 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 03:09:01AM +0000, Christian Tardif wrote:
> I'm trying to restrict some containers from autobooting on every host
> restart.
>
> From the documentation, I tried two approaches:
>
> lxc config set <containername> boot.autostart false
>
> or
>
> lxc config set<containername> boot.autostart 0
>
> None of these configs work. Containers always boot on restart.
>
> Checked in the container profile, and there's nothing there regarding
> autostart.
>
> Any help?
>
> Christian Tardif

LXD will restore container state on reboot which is probably the case
here assuming those containers were running at the time the system was
stopped.

We have merged a fix a few days ago that makes boot.autostart override
this behavior, so that you can set it to "false" as you described above
and it'll do the right thing.

That should be in LXD 2.5 and then LXD 2.0.5.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer