[lxc-users] How can I “exec” a network namespace (ip netns) inside an lxc container

Yinon yinonby.hpe at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 14:34:09 UTC 2016

I installed an Ubuntu server 16.04. Inside I installed LXD and running an Ubuntu 16.04 container.Initially, I had this problem when trying to "ip netns add":
mount –make-shared /var/run/netns failed: Permission denied
And I did this to work around it:
lxc config set container security.nesting true
But now I get:
mount of /sys failed: Operation not permitted
when I try to "ip netns exec".What am I missing?
Also posted here: How can I "exec" a network namespace (ip netns) inside an lxc container

|   |
How can I "exec" a network namespace (ip netns) inside an lxc con...
 I installed an Ubuntu server 16.04. Inside I installed LXD and running an Ubuntu 16.04 container. Initially, I ...  |   |

Thanks