[lxc-users] lxc 2.0: command get_cgroup failed for 'dom1': Permission denied

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Tue Oct 18 06:59:35 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

since lxc 2.0 my monitoring scripts return error messages about
running system containers, e.g.:

% lxc-ls -P /data1/lxc --fancy jerry1
lxc-ls: commands.c: lxc_cmd_get_cgroup_path: 468 command get_cgroup failed for 'jerry1': Permission denied
lxc-ls: commands.c: lxc_cmd_get_cgroup_path: 468 command get_cgroup failed for 'jerry1': Permission denied
lxc-ls: commands.c: lxc_cmd_get_cgroup_path: 468 command get_cgroup failed for 'jerry1': Permission denied
lxc-ls: commands.c: lxc_cmd_get_cgroup_path: 468 command get_cgroup failed for 'jerry1': Permission denied
NAME   STATE AUTOSTART GROUPS IPV4 IPV6
jerry1 -     0         auto   -    -

Using strace the "permission denied" is not shown, but the
output of lxc-ls is still broken.

This is pretty painful. I wouldn't like to do monitoring
with root, if it can be avoided.

Plattform is Jessie, lxc 2.0.4. No systemd.

Every helpful comment is highly appreciated
Harri