[lxc-users] Establish a bind mount to a running container

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Fri Oct 7 07:03:21 UTC 2016

Dear experts,

I wonder if it's possible to establish a bind mount filesystem resource from the LXC host to an already running container in an manual way, but analogous as it is done at startup time.

I already figured out that the releasing an existing link is no thing; just umount it from inside the container. But is there a way to establish one while shifting the destination of a bind mount into the right namespace?

I ask about, because in a couple of days I have to change a (NFS) filesystem source (because of an hardware migration) that is common to a large number of running containers but not frequently used and I want to avoid to restart all the containers with it services.

thank you for advice

Guido